From Before I Play
- It's pretty simple. Half RPG and half small-scale RTS, but not too deep in either case.
- It's very linear, with no backtracking at all. There are a few side quests, but they're mostly "Go tell my cousin I miss her, and she'll give you a healing potion."
- You can specialize in melee, ranged, or two flavors of magic. IMHO, they're all good. However, contrary to Chris Taylor's blurbs promoting it, you ARE gimping yourself if you spread yourself around, or switch styles halfway. Granted, the default game is pretty easy, so you can do so and still win.
- About a third of the way through, in the goblin caves, you get a sweet grenade launcher, which has 200 charges. What the game doesn't tell you is that the charges regenerate over time, so don't save it for a rainy day, use it!
- The final boss is just a big sack of hitpoints.
- Save the knife you start the game with, it's used to unlock an Easter egg later.