Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
From Before I Play
- Story Mode gives you access to a set party, two special classes (Highlander and Gunner), and a set of side dungeons, as well as Plot. Classic Mode is standard EO - create a party, dive into the labyrinth, get fucking murdered by butterflies
- If you're a veteran of the series, Expert is about the usual difficulty. If you're new, you might want to start on Standard, but I'd probably recommend Expert anyway for the authentic EO experience (see above).
- The customization in this one (besides leveling characters) comes through Grimoire Stones, which are almost wholly RNG dependent. You can get skills that you know or even skills from enemies, and while it can be very helpful to mess around with, it's entirely unnecessary.
- When synthesizing Grimoire Stones, the first one selected determines how many slots the final product will have, the first and second are the pool you can pick from for the final product, and the third will give it that equipment bonus (handy to, for example, give a Medic access to guns or bows so he can contribute from the back row). It's pretty simple but confusing at first and this question gets asked a lot.
- There are periodic points in the Labyrinth that fully heal your party for free (usually around the third floor of each stratum). These are great, use them like mad.