Europa Universalis III
From Before I Play
- The Napoleon's Ambition expansion is worth it for automerchants alone. In Nomine is even better.
- Playing as France is easy mode.
- The Magna Mundi mod adds a lot of intersting gameplay. It is also much harder and more frustrating. Hope you enjoy stablity hits for the stupidest of reasons.
- If you're in a position to do so, conquer northern Italy. The provinces there are rich and most of them have a university. Once you've grabbed all of them, set your government tech investment to zero and you can still be competitive there.
- Don't go overboard on inflation, but don't be afraid of it either.
- You know how the army details screen tells you how many regiments you have and how many you can support? It's sorta like the speed limit - you can go over it to a certain degree without disaster.