From Before I Play
- For all intents and purposes: "life" = "job"
- Get the first two bag upgrades (backpack/storage) with your first bliss bonuses, those should last you for a good while. +shopping for the next one is also good as it can cut down on grinding dramatically.
- You can change job whenever and how often you want at zero penalty. (Possibly not during main quests, needs to be verified)
- However, you can only use a job's special abilities/moves (the 'X' move that you can trigger) when you're actually in that job. This is important for gathering, since the special move makes it easier to get some higher tier material earlier.
- You can only report challenges for the job that you are currently.
- Some challenges require you to be in the related job to complete them, some you can do in any job. It should say in the challenge description.
- If you have a challenge to "kill X enemies with Y move", consider doing it without a party as you have to personally land the killing blow with that move to get credit towards the challenge.
- Talk to everyone with a question mark whenever you rank up a job to unlock challenges, party members, recipes or just get tips/items.
- You need to have quest items in your inventory, not in storage, to hand in the quest or for it to appear in-handable in the quest log.