Gauntlet: Dark Legacy
From Before I Play
- Don't just use ranged attacks, by getting in close to enemies and alternating between the quick and slow attacks you can perform combos that will clear large numbers of enemies.
- Use the D-Pad to activate any magic items you've picked up (only in the Xbox and Game Cube versions I believe).
- Using your turbo attacks can clear out large numbers of enemies, however when playing with multiple people they recharge fast enough to kill just about every large group of enemies, you may want to forbid using them on lesser enemies.
- You can use a potion in three ways, tap the magic button to have it burst around you, hold to throw the potion like a grenade, and double tap to use it as a shield.
- You need more Golden Fangs/Feathers/Claws than you can get from one run through each level, be sure to remember which levels have more than one.
- The only way to replenish your health is with food, either by finding it or buying it between areas. Meat gives you more health per gold than cherries and don't ever expect to be at full health.
- Watch what comes out of a chest when you open it, you may need to run from a trap or leave food for a player with low HP.
- A cutscene before an area that is not introducing a new type of enemy is showing you the location of a legendary item. Each legendary item, once attained, will work once on a specific boss making that fight much easier.