Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Using elements in tandem with each other is how you end up doing a ton of damage later on. As an example, the main character has a wind move that can spread fire around and light everything up.
- As you get far enough in Adventurer Rank, you'll get access to more things to do like daily commissions and more things to buy from the shops.
- If you want more stamina, you have to go looking for some collectibles to give to the big statues in order to increase it.
- DON'T USE PRIMOGEMS FOR ANYTHING BESIDES WISHES. Later on when you're sitting on over a dozen characters and have thousands stored in the bank, sure, spend them if you want to, but they're very hard to acquire as you start out if you misuse them.
- Gacha games are intended to be played consistently over a long period of time, as opposed to an already finished single player game like Pokemon or Yakuza or Resident Evil or what have you, it's kind of like a single player MMO. And they're still adding more content via updates so if you finish all of the story then just wait for more of the content to drop before getting back into it if you're not motivated to keep playing for extra artifacts or materials without a goal to keep working towards.
- Early on, focus on levelling one character at a time instead of splitting all your resources evenly. You'll be much stronger with one level 50 than a party of four level 35s. (I've seen some new players make this mistake and end up really weak and unable to handle bosses when their World Level increases).
- Level your artifacts early! They're a big part of your damage, and once you replace them you can can refund 80% of the xp by using the old artifacts as upgrade fuel so there's no reason to fear "wasting" resources on upgrading the wrong artifacts.
- Unless you plan on spending tons of money, don't set your mind on one rolling for specific character. You have no way to guarantee getting anyone in particular (other than the featured banner character), and it can take thousands of real-life dollars to obtain an off-banner 5*. (If you're just starting and have a LOT of free time, you can try to obtain a specific character by rerolling new accounts until you get them in your first few rolls. )
- The game gives you 4 characters for free after you complete their initial quests: The Male/Female PC, Amber, Kaeya, and Lisa. Barbara is unlocked once you reach Adventure Rank 18 and complete the 'A Long Shot' quest and Xianling is unlocked for clearing the first 3 floors of the Spiral Abyss. (Which is actually 9 rooms because each floor has 3.). These free characters will give you enough coverage of elements.
- The other way you'll unlock characters is using the wish system. Don't use Primogems to refresh resin. Gems are way harder to earn than resin is. (Resin restores 1 every 8 minutes, while Primogems are just currency, you spend them and they're gone.) The game will give you lots in the beginning, use them on that first special banner to unlock Noelle and then put the other ones to work on the standard banner in the hopes of getting new characters. As long as there isn't an event Banner going on. If there is, you should roll on that, since you've got a better chance of getting one of the newer characters as well. Don't worry too much about the weapon banner yet.
- If you see any materials out in the world, pick them up, they'll probably come in handy later for powering up your units or cooking. Put an icon down on your map too, if you can see yourself motivated to go around collecting them regularly. It takes about 168 of a given plant or ore to level up a unit from 1 to 90 (though being able to level up to that point will take quite a few months)
- If you're not sure what you want to spend your resin on early game and don't want to "waste" any, the best things to do are the world bosses (the cubes and the flowers) if you know which characters you want to ascend. The drops from those bosses improve the least as you increase world level and you will need many many drops from them at higher levels anyway. Once again, not a speedrunnable game, it takes 46 of world boss material to go from 1 to 90 and they usually drop two at a time. You're lucky to see 3 at once.
- When you're doing domains for artifacts or weapon upgrade materials, don't be afraid to use co-op. For a lot of people starting out, you might only have one or two max leveled characters available and have to use them in an area where they're a bad match-up for the enemies. So just call in other people to help you and try to help as much as you can. Just be sure to pay attention to the dungeon effects. If using water in it causes explosions that damage everyone, stick to using a sword or bow auto attacks instead.
- If this is a lot of abstract info to take in, this website spells out a lot of the item searching and collecting in a much more straightforward fashion. https://genshin.gg/