Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Try out the different Favors as their playstyles are all quite diverse. Amunet is one solid choice due to her useful passive and active abilities, balanced stats and strong starting loadout which includes the highly accurate and damaging Kunai. If you're any good at sniping, Neith likewise can effectively deal with threats at any range and has an easy-to-use but effective active ability.
- Also try out all the weapons you come across, most have their uses and quite a few are better than they might initially seem.
- A favorable weapons loadout usually includes an accurate long-range weapon (such as Kunai) for distant enemies and a rapid-fire weapon (such as Burst Machine Gun) both to deal with swarms and to lock down short- to mid-range threats. The third slot is usually good for whatever else complements your other weapons the best, such as explosives or a stun weapon.
- Some rooms have a hidden unmarked chest in them, including certain chest rooms which might have an extra one. There are no secret doors or levers or anything like that, but look for conspicuously hard-to-reach places.
- Most stat upgrades in the skill tree are irregular in that a small increase can be followed by a large increase or vice versa.
- Putting the first point into a skill can open new skills in the tree. New Favors and single-point global upgrades, especially Extra Jump (opened after a point in Health Upgrade and Steak Upgrade) which makes dodging and platforming a lot easier, should be considered high priority.
- Once you've unlocked the merchant, buying a golden scroll before a run can often give you a bigger boost than spending the money on a single stat upgrade if you happen to hit on an especially strong effect.
- As ammo packs replenish the ammunition of all your guns, making use of your whole loadout rather than just one weapon is much more efficient ammo-wise.
- While it might seem obvious, don't forget to make use of your active ability. It costs nothing (with the exception of Ammit's which is a special case) so it should be on cooldown as much as possible.
- Disabling auto-pickups from the settings can help you avoid picking up undesired weapons in the heat of battle.
- While it's a bit of a clunky method, you can rearrange your weapons loadout by tossing your guns on the ground and picking them up in the desired order.