King of Dragon Pass
From Before I Play
- You should read the lore before doing any hero quests because the downsides can be pretty bad.
- Have a trickster on your clan ring, they are hilarious and sometimes give extra options during events that you wouldn't see otherwise.
- The easiest ancestral enemy by far is the ice tribe, there aren't any real downsides to choosing them. I'd pick them at first but make sure to switch it up since there are gameplay impacts.
- Seriously, don't fuck with the ducks. You can raid them safely once and only once.
- Whatever you put in at the start of the game (for example, your stance on slavery), make sure you go along with it throughout the game. Your ancestors won't like it if you break from tradition.
- Ask your advisors about everything. EVERYTHING. Even if you don't take their advice, it gives you a good base to make a decision from.
- Having alot more land than you can work is harder to patro, and you'll be more likely to face harder raids.
- Send explorers out into your own tula (don't move the destination marker). They can discover special crafting materials that will boost your passive trade profits, and you might find magic items. You can perform a divination to ask whether there is more shit to find in your tula.
- Don't fuck with the ducks unless you like getting your shit pushed in by undead.
- Try to have as many gods represented on your ring as possible. Having a trickster (worshipper of Issares, I think) can cause problems because they are pricks, but gives you alot of powerful options for dealing with problems.
- Remember that the world of the game is not 2018 earth. Slaves are a common thing, women are worth less, there are less rights, etc. Trying to play a progressive empire will not work.
- Whatever you choose as your starting options for clan creation, stick to them no matter what. If you didn't take slaves, then never take slaves, etc. Tradition is very important.
- There is a manual bundled in with the game. Read it, it has incredibly helpful and important info.