Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- It starts out with like four or five gathering quests in a row, IIRC. After that you don't have to do any more gathering quests, so stick with it for the first two hours.
- All weapons are viable, try them all and use the ones that speak to you.
- If this is your first non-MHW monster hunter game, you might need to go watch some youtube stuff about it, because it's fundamentally very different (and way less user friendly).
- There are huge differences weapons and huge between the weapons' styles. Valor style is probably going to be "best" on a lot of weapons, but you can make anything fun. Aerial greastsword and hammer for instance are just constantly jumping in the air and smashing things with a big fuck-off weapon. Detailed info on styles/weapons is going to be a 'Go to youtube' thing.
- If you get stuck on a monster, try different styles / hunter arts.
- Check your minimap in town after each hunt. Any place with a speech bubble on it has a person you can talk to to progress the 'story'. Doing that is important to unlocking features, hunts, overall progression.
- Redeeming all the downloadable addon nonsense will get you an absolute ton of money and supplies that will make your start in the game a *lot* easier.
- There are two main sections to the game, a single player (village) part and an online guild hall part. Village hunt monsters have less HP and that's where you should generally focus to start.