Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Use the in-game voice chats for the best experience.
- Your first few rounds, the EMF reader is your best friend. Simply walk around the house with it active immediately and if you get ANY signs, then the ghost will be there most of the time.
- Lights flicker whenever the ghost moves through them. This can be handy for tracking its movements by turning on hallway lights. Don't turn on too many though, or the breaker will flip. Or the ghost might just be a dick and flip the breaker itself.
- When it comes to talking to the ghost, whether by getting its attention normally, using the ouija board you'll find on the maps, or using the spirit box, there is a set of phrases you'll want to use. This list is decently sized, and I imagine more will be added over time. It's good practice to just use the ghost's name always from my experience.
- You don't need to hold your flashlight out at all times. Hit T(I believe is the default) with another item out.
- The crucifix only works while it's either in the hands of who has it, or on the floor, and will only work if the ghost is within a specific distance when it starts its hunt. Basically, if you know where the ghost is (as it spends most its time haunting one room but will occasionally wander), place the crucifix on the center of the room. It will prevent the hunt twice (this could change).
- In the end, figuring out what the ghost actually is, is only worth $10 atm. If you got other forms of evidence, such as photos, no harm in simply making an educated guess based off what you could gather and leaving. Better to lose $10 than have someone die, since when you die, you lose all extra equipment you bring along, getting refunded half the total cost as insurance.
- It's not currently clear if you need to have local voice chat enabled for the spirit box to work, so may be best to play it safe and assume it's needed.