Resident Evil 6
From Before I Play
- Always be diving. Always. You can avoid a lot of damage in this game that you previously would have had to simply tank due to improved mobility.
- Always be quickshotting. Quickshot dogs. Quickshot enemies with weapons in their hands (or stuck in their bodies) for an easy melee attack. Keep an eye on your action bar though; quickshotting too much can leave you open to attack.
- Always be wrestling. Overabuse melee. Aim for the knee, face, or forearm, look for a stun triggern, then run and press melee attack. Even better, once you learn what stun states lead to what attacks, you can use the AOE melee attacks on a SINGLE enemy to take out entire crowds of punks.
- Find the perk loadouts that work for you. For Leon, I recommend zombie killer, quickshot plus, and melee plus. For everyone else, I used javo killer, melee plus, and the medic one (whichever one heals you and your partner no matter the distance).
- You will have no less than 20 total and utter bullshit deaths over the course of the game. It honestly wasn't your fault. Let it roll off your back, or it can ruin an otherwise incredibly fun game.
- Try playing the mercenaries mode, even if you keep losing. It will help you get much much better at the game, and you won't have to go hours between big fights to get your practice in.