Romancing SaGa 3
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Mikhail is HANDS DOWN the most complicated character. he has to play a quite thorough kingdom management simulation but you can only interact with it through an SNES-era UI by a company that mostly made rpgs. it is intricate as HELL, way more in-depth than RS2's was if you're familiar with it, but i shit you not it's almost like trying to play Nobunaga's Ambition 1 in Final Fantasy text boxes. if you're good at it, you can get some really powerful items. if you're not good at it you can straight up hit an unwinnable war battle and have to restart. the game
- Julian, Thomas, Ellen, Monica, or Sara are probably the easiest to start the game with. they have a pretty standard jrpg type intro sequence that just gently eases you into the setting and the controls. Harid and Katrina are more for veteran players, they have short intros and then the game really throws you to the wolves in terms of "well. what the fuck am i supposed to do now"
- Keep in mind playing as Katrina is the only way to get her to join your party(?) if you want to use her
- You can have six characters in your party at any given time, but only five can participate in battle. You can enter a special commander mode by leaving your main character out of your party, which enables combo techniques, but takes away control of your characters. If you have six characters, potential party members won't offer to join, so I'd recommend sticking to five until you know the game well.
- You can kick characters out of your party at pubs, but a few characters will refuse to leave. The girl who names herself after desserts is easy enough to get rid of (visit towns until you find her hometown, and she'll leave automatically), the other two (the bard and Herman) require beating major bosses. The only alternative is to purposely kill them off (reduce their LP to 0.)
- There is a mini-game involving purchasing businesses. Once you start it, a couple quest important NPCs will be locked off until you either finish a phase of it, or quit it and permanently lose access to it.