Shadow of the Tomb Raider
From Before I Play
- There's a sidequest where you have to retrieve some dice for someone. It's recommended to have 6100 gold on you before you attempt to complete this sidequest, as one of the characters you'll speak to during this quest is a merchant who sells two items that are used for exploration. The items aren't missable, it's just that the merchant moves around after you complete the quest and she isn't marked on the map, so it's kind of annoying if you need to track her down afterwards.
- Shortly after you get to the Hidden City, you'll encounter a new enemy and will be given a shotgun to help. The shotgun takes 2 or 3 shots to kill them. Instead of this, get the combat skill that lets you dodge counter. It's easy to do, way faster, and honestly easier.
- The game is surprisingly light on combat - you might want to focus on non-combat skills becaus of this.
- The starting weapons in every slot are the only ones you'll really need. The difference between them, and how minimal the combat is overall, means it's not really worth buying any others and the money can go to better uses mid-game. The only one that's even worth a look-in is actually given to you for free as part of the story late-game. The pistol silencer you can buy from the first merchant is also great early game for stealth kills.
- The best combat skill is the one that makes deadly poison arrows. Not only does it let you make a super deadly attack, it unlocks collecting the ingredients for it and they sell for a higher price than even the collectible which only exists to be sold.
- Every area has a hidden collectible quest chain, usually triggered by shooting the damn things, that will only pop up and log progress once you do one of them. This can be stupid when you dont have any idea what you are looking for, so if you plan to 100% the game just look these up for each area.