From Before I Play
- Every level has a sub weapon you can find in a hidden room. If you beat the stage without getting it, don't fret, you can just buy it for a slightly inflated rate back in town.
- If its your first time your money should be going to upgrading your health/magic then buying sub weapons. Armor and Weapon upgrades are basically near-pointless money sinks.
- Go to the Trouple Lake or whatever the starting lake is called ASAP as this unlocks items that let you fully heal yourself in a level which can be invaluable.
- You can destroy checkpoints for money. The amount you get is pathetic and it will permanently destroy the checkpoint so unless you're extremely confident with your ability to get to the next area don't do it.
- There are breakable walls throughout the game. Usually something is off about the texture and a single good whack will break them wide open. They're chock full of treasure so do be on the lookout.
- Music pieces you collect can be sold to the bard in the starting town. You don't lose the music pieces when you die so if you have a bad habit of dying constantly you can hang onto them as a final cash infusion when shopping in town.