Jump to navigation Jump to search
- You don't need your mining cutter in your favorites inventory; if you press fire while your scanner is up then it will be pulled out automatically.
- Walking while encumbered can't kill you, so feel free to waddle your way to the store with 10000 kg of material on your back when you are safe in the city.
- You can sell items directly from your ship's hold via stores, but not the trade authority kiosks. You can also take items from the hold via any menu that allows for placing objects in containers (bodies, chests, trading items with companions).
- You have a decent chance of proccing a research task to just automatically fill in the remaining items on a task for free, so if you have the materials to fill a slot then don't wait til you have all of them.
- Some skills unlock critical systems, so focus on them first. Boost packs (jetpacks) is a big one, and you don't get a stealth meter without the stealth ability. In my opinion one of the most critical ones is Targeting Control Systems in the Tech category, which allows you to target and disable enemy ship parts in a FTL-style damage system. Space fights can be difficult without the ability to target the enemy's weapons and leave them dead in the water.