The Evil Within 2
From Before I Play
- Some of the tougher creatures will require a ton of ammo to take down initially, but once you've fully upgraded weapons they'll become easy. So don't be afraid to avoid them until you have more upgrades.
- The bow has an upgrade path for smoke arrows that will allow you to (repeatedly!) stealth attack enemies inside the smoke cloud. It is really good.
- I think the game seems to have some kind of system a la Dead Space where it'll spawn ammo for the weapons you prefer to use. Never use the sniper rifle? You won't find ammo for it.
- You can craft stuff by using a workbench and you can also craft stuff from anywhere. Using a workbench will use up less resources, so only use "field crafting" if you are in dire straits.
- Stealth is way more viable than in the first game and is your primary method of saving health and ammo. Use it as much as you can.
- Upgrade crit before you upgrade straight damage if you can. The pistol never stops being useful.
- Shooting the legs to drop an enemy then stomping them is often better than shooting them in the head, since a lot of enemies can take a second kill-shot to the head due to weird head worms
- It's actually pretty easy to ditch alerted enemies after they start chasing you if you can juke around corners. This becomes incredibly useful later on when you encounter stealth-killable enemies that take two stealth kills to go down.