From Before I Play
- Your most important goal in any heist is to survive. The successful run bonus is great, and you can pile up some outrageous amounts of cash if you manage to not die several times in a row.
- Related to that: except in a single case in the entire game, messing up is your own damn fault. Take things slowly, try another entry point if you find yourself blocked and learn to say "fuck it" if something seems too risky. Is better to miss a computer than die and lose your bonus.
- Hacking is really important and should be prioritised at any opportunity.
- Bombs are your best "clear the path" tool. Learn their radius, so you don't blow up something important by accident. Blowing up a bit of the floor or the ceiling will destroy anything attached to that, be it a camera, a door or a computer.
- The smoke screen is the best "oh shit" tool. Once you get the upgrade that triggers automatically when seen, it's basically an extra life.
- Probably better to do a couple of runs to get a feeling for the game and then restart. You'll reach the fun upgrades earlier that way.