Thief II: The Metal Age
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- As the primary mechanics and gameplay are practically identical to the previous game, the majority of tips for Thief: The Dark Project also apply here.
- Similarly to the previous game's TFix, the fan-made T2Fix is a recommended install for a smoother experience.
- Lightly boarded up passages can be cleared with a few good swings of Garrett's sword.
- There are several ways to deal with the new mechanical enemies, with explosives or Water/Gas Arrows aimed at the boiler being the primary methods. In a pinch they can also be disabled with enough hits from the blackjack. Flash Bombs will temporarily blind them as well.
- In addition to using Explosive Arrows or a switch to disable them, low-hanging Watcher cameras can also be destroyed with Mines by throwing one under it and then setting it off with a Broadhead Arrow. Cameras also have a blind spot directly under them, and Flash Bombs do work on them as well.
- The small and unarmed Worker Bots are completely blind unless first alerted to Garrett's presence some other way such as by excessive noise, so simply staying quiet and out of their way can be enough to elude them.